2020年8月5日水曜日

Long Book Review (Ricky and the American Girl)

Ricky watched her walking away down the road. He was still standing under the streetlight when she looked back and gave a little wave. Ricky waved back. And then she was gone. 
'Oh, no!' sighed Ricky. 'I didn't ask her name!' (p.20)

Ricky was a quiet and smart student. He has a few friends but he was always alone. On a Friday afternoon in November, when he was on the road to his home, he saw a girl who was seemed to be lost. She had a long blond hair and her accent was difficult from local one, so he found she was American. He was asked by her and told the road. After the conversation he began to be interested in her, but he forgot asking her name. Then his life has changed…

This book was very interesting! I thought it might be a boy-meets-girl story and it wasn't wrong. Although it was wrong, I couldn't guess that Ricky became intimate with Holly! Not Alexis! I was betrayed in a positive sense. To begin with, he didn't have any chances to associate with Alexis because she already had a lover. Therefore she was boring with England and his date plan was not good at all. It was nature that she wasn't interested in him. 

Next, I tried to dig into each main characters, Ricky, Alexis, and Holly I said Ricky was a smart student, but he wasn't smart at love. It seemed that his feeling that he wanted to meet her and got along with jumped the gun and he didn't planed well. If he planed anything, for example, what he told, where he took her, it might be much better. However he got along with Holly without any plan. Well, it might be  because they have been acquaintances. 
I thought Alexis wasn't a wicked girl. She was a too honest person, so there were no malice. It was the blame of Ricky why she was bored when Ricky and her went out together. However she must apologize to Holly, I thought. It was her blame that Holly did a project what she didn't have to do. You were avoided. OK, I'll put it on the side. 
Holly was the true heroine! She was a true good person on the contrary of Alexis. I considered she became to be interested in Ricky at the party. Before that she might think thim just one of classmates. She had some sympathies with
Ricky about her. She was also bothered by her. She didn't hate her cousin but she didn't get along with her. Maybe she wanted any friends who could understand her complain. That is my consideration. 

After I wrote that, I found one thing. Did he grew up right? Wasn't it just lucky? He did certainly some actions bravery, but I doubt that he really learn how to planning a date. 
Anyway the story was very good. I liked this best in this series. 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿